Collection and Use of Personal Data
The types of personal data we collect from you include:
- your details such as your name, gender, address, date of birth, mobile number, and email address;
- your purchases and orders;
- your online browsing activities;
- your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses;
- your payment card details, such as the card holder’s name, credit/debit card no., and card expiry date; and
- your correspondence and communications with THEFACESHOP.
Your personal data is collected when you:
- visit our website with a cookies-enabled browser, or (if applicable) register a user account with our website;
- request services from us such as subscribing to our newsletter or mailing lists for post or phone updates;
- fill in any forms on our website;
- submit any comment, question or feedback to us, or contact or correspond with us in any way; and
- make purchases of goods or services through our website.
The above personal data is collected for the purposes of processing your application and registration of your membership and to ascertain if you are eligible for discounts, privileges or benefits or other related purposes; to conduct market research and analysis; for direct marketing through SMS, email, and direct mail; for payment and/or credit control purposes; to notify you of any changes to our policies or services which may affect you; to respond to queries and feedback; maintaining and updating your membership details; to provide you with personalized services; to enable us to develop, deliver and improve our products, services, content and advertising; to administer our websites; to improve your experience with us; and informing you of new developments, services, promotions of THEFACESHOP and other third parties which we are associated with.
When you visit our website, we may assign your web browser one or more website cookies. Cookies are small text files used to enhance your shopping experience, including, but not limited to, maintaining current login, and providing a unique identifier for website statistics.
If you wish to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer, you can change the settings on your browser.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We disclose some of the personal data we have collected from you to the following parties or organisations outside THEFACESHOP in order to fulfil our services to you:
- Banks, Payment card processing companies
- IT/Technical Support
- Freight/Courier service providers
- Business Process Outsourcing service providers
In addition to the above, where required to do so by law, we will disclose personal data about you to the relevant authorities or to law enforcement agencies. We may also share some of your personal data, after they are anonymised, with third parties for research purposes in order to improve our products and services to you.
Protection of Personal Data
THEFACESHOP uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Data and will not knowingly allow access to this data to anyone outside THEFACESHOP, other than to you or as described in this Policy. However, THEFACESHOP cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to THEFACESHOP and you do so entirely at your own risk. In particular, THEFACESHOP does not warrant that such information may not be accessed, altered, collected, copied, destroyed, disposed of, disclosed or modified by breach of any of THEFACESHOP’s physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Storage and Retention of Personal Data
We will delete, as reasonably possible, or otherwise anonymise any personal data in the event that the personal data is not required for any reasonable business or legal purposes of THEFACESHOP and where the personal data is deleted from THEFACESHOP’s electronic, manual, and other filing systems in accordance with THEFACESHOP’s internal procedures and/or other agreements.
Links to Third-Party Websites
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us here.